The Book of Ruth describes one of my favourite Old Testament stories. There are such great aspects to it…
- Conversion: A woman with pagan beliefs genuinely converts to belief in the one true God of her husband.
- Tragedy: A mother loses her sons, 3 wives lose their husbands.
- Loyalty: The friendship and love between a mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law
(Mothers-in-law get such a bad wrap… thanks Hollywood :S ).
- Sacrifice: A daughter-in-law stays and cares for her aged mother-in-law despite being a young widow herself, who could easily find a new husband.
- Love at first sight: A man with good intentions notices a virtuous woman and cares for her.
It’s absolutely amazing how God worked a tragedy in these women’s lives into the genealogy of the most important man to walk this earth… watch and enjoy!
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
A special shout out goes to blogger davidpmathew.
I first saw this video on one of his posts.
The complete story
- Ruth’s Journey (momentswithabba.wordpress.com)
- Ruth’s Journey Part 2 (momentswithabba.wordpress.com)
- Ruth’s leap of faith (momentswithabba.wordpress.com)
- Completion of Ruth’s journey (momentswithabba.wordpress.com)